About 10 kilometres from Rodez, this building has survived the turbulent history of the kingdom of France.
There are only a few documents to attest its supposed presence from the year 1000 but it was once occupied by the English and then by the Bishops of Rodez after the Hundred Years War. It remained intact during the Revolution, but was unfortunately transformed into a stone quarry, to build or consolidate the houses in the village.
Now the only remaining tower, renovated from the cellar to the attic across four levels, offers all modern comforts. A spiral staircase leads to the first floor where there is a beautiful living room with a huge 15th century Gothic fireplace finely carved with the arms of Bishop Bertrand de Chalençon. Spacious bedroom suites are on the second and third floors. A wine cellar has been set up in an old prison in the basement garden, decorated with a magnificent fresco by a Ruthenois artist, while a guard room is tucked into the castle wall.
£750,280 / €842,700 / $945,400